Buyers can contact a seller directly and attempt to resolve any issues by opening a RMA case on eMallFashion. For this reason, it’s important that you’ve stated your shop policies on Refunds and Exchanges under your About Store and regularly respond to conversation from your buyers.
YOUR OBLIGATION AS A SELLER
- When a buyer opens a case, you must work with the buyer and eMallFashion Admin to resolve the dispute.
- Each case must remain open until you’ve reached a resolution.
- You must respond to any open case within two days.
Note: Buyers are only allowed one method of dispute resolution on eMallFashion. If a buyer files a chargeback after opening a case on eMallFashion, the eMallFashion case will be closed.
RESOLVING AN OPEN CASE
- To view the full details of the case, go to Marketplace -> Manage RMA.
- You will see Add Your Comment box where you can communicate with the buyer.
- Please direct all comments and information relating to your case – including proof of shipping or refund to this page that lists your cases. You can upload screenshots or photos directly to the case page by clicking the Attach Image link.
- Proof of shipping should show that the item was shipped to the address given by the buyer when they purchased the item on eMallFashion. Proof of shipping could be:
- A scanned copy of the delivery confirmation
- A shipping receipt
- A custom form
- A tracking number or tracking information that shows the package was delivered to the buyer
YOUR CASE WILL CLOSE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN:
- You issue the buyer a full refund.
- The buyer closes the case because they are satisfied with the resolution.
- You add tracking information to the case that confirms the package was delivered to a location matching the eMallFashion transaction receipt (for case of non-delivery only).
If a case isn’t resolved, buyers can send the case to us for review. In the unlikely event that a case remains unresolved for more than 365 days, it is considered to be a late delivery and the only acceptable resolution is a full refund from the seller.
EMALLFASHION’S INVOLVMENT IN A CASE
eMallFashion team can review and intervene in the following types of cases:
- You have provided the buyer with proof of shipment.
- You have issued a refund.
When necessary to resolve a case, eMallFashion reserves the right to issue a refund to the buyer and recoup funds from the seller. eMallFashion may reopen a previously closed case to further investigate tracking issue or other aspects of the dispute.
TYPES OF CASES BUYERS CAN FILE
There are two types of cases that a buyer can open:
1. A non-delivery case
A non-delivery case occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment but doesn’t receive the item. Examples of non-delivery cases:
- An item was never sent.
- An item was sent to an address that is not in eMallFashion receipt.
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the delivery city/state and postcode.
2. A not-as-described case
An item is not as described if it’s materially different from the seller’s listing description and photos. Examples of not-as-described cases:
- The item received is a different colour, model, version or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The seller failed to disclose the fact that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- A buyer purchased two items but only receive one.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the item was “new” and the item is used.
Not-as-described cases can also be filed for late delivery. To qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- A delivery date was agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
- The items were ordered for a specific date or event.
If an item is materially similar to the seller’s listing description and photos, it would not be eligible for a not-as-described case. Examples of what would not qualify as not as described:
- The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller.
- The item was properly described but the buyer simply didn’t want it after they received it.
- The item was properly described but didn’t meet the buyer’s expectations.
- The item was signs of wear and was correctly described as used condition.
- The item was damaged during shipment.
Examples of transactions on eMallFashion that are not qualify for the case system:
- Items that are purchased in person
- Intangible items, including services
- Prohibited items on eMallFashion such as alcohol, tobacco, drugs, medical drugs, animal products, human remains, hazardous materials, recalled items, weapons, items that promote hatred, items promoting illegal activity, highly regulated items, internationally regulated items, pornography, mature content, items that promote violence.
- Transactions were payment is not made via eMallFashion’s checkout system
- Items that are returned without a return agreement
- Items that have been used, worn or washed after receiving
- Physical or tangible items that are not available for return
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays
- Cost of shipping disputes
TIME FRAME FOR OPENING A CASE
- Once eligible, buyers have 30 days from the latest estimated shipping date to open a case
- Case eligibility is calculated based on whether the order is being shipped domestically or internationally.
- If you and the buyer are within the same country, the latest estimated shipping date is 7 business days.
- If you and the buyer are not in the same country, the latest estimated shipping date is 15 business days.
Last Updated: 7/7/2017